This fall time delight is packed with beta carotene, antioxidants, vitamin K, several B-vitamins and much more! This carrot soup goes great with roasted or sautéed veggies, or your favorite salad!
When I was a little girl my kindergarten teacher told us in class one day that carrots were a great source of vitamin A which helped you to have great eye-sight. Not shortly after that, I ran home that evening and begged my mom to buy us carrots so I could start eating them more to have good eyes.
You see my mom and my dad both wore glasses or contacts for their eyes and I knew that I didn’t want to eventually have to wear them myself. Oh the mind of a 5 year old! But I have to tell you, I’ve never had to wear glasses or contacts in my lifetime because of that one little habit I soaked up as a child. So I guess I have my kindergarten teacher to thank for that!
Eating whole foods and the foods that nourish our bodies definitely help us create the results and health we want in our lives. I’m a living testament to that. So this soup should definitely give you the boost of Vitamin A amongst other vital nutrients you’ll need throughout your day or evening. Root vegetables are great fall and winter foods and many of them can be considered super foods. Super foods are identified as a food that contains more nutrients than the average type of food.
Not only are carrots nutritious, they are super delicious. You know that 5 year old version of me? Well she loved eating carrots RAW! That’s how good they are, especially considering that most 5 year olds can be very picky eaters, I’d say that carrots are definitely a “go-to” snack food, and so naturally would be delicious as a soup. Along with carrots there are plenty of other healthy food swaps that you can utilize this fall. Check em out here.
Tools You May Need:
1. Cookware Set (Copper, Aluminum & Steel with Ceramic Chef Set) | 2. Mixing Bowls (3-Piece, Pyrex, Glass Mixing Bowls) | 3. Kitchen Utensil Set (Silicone Cooking Utensils 11Piece) | 4. Cutting Board (24″x 18″, Michigan Maple Block, Maple) | 5. Measuring Spoons (Set of 6, 1Easylife, Stainless Steel) | 6. Knife Set (6 Pieces, Utopia, Stainless Steel)
Endigo Rae is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites — at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
So let’s dive into this recipe!
Delicious Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil expeller pressed unrefined
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb chopped baby carrots
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- In a medium pot over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and saute the onion with a pinch of sea salt for about 5 minutes until a light golden brown.
- Add carrots, broth, ginger, salt, the rest of the oil, the curry, and the cumin. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, until the carrots are fork-tender.
- Put the soup in your blender, add the dates, and put on high/ puree for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with your favorite roasted veggies or top off with cilantro.