I love potatoes and cucumbers! I had an anchoring for the both of them as well as avocado and because of that, today’s recipe was birthed! Eating clean and enjoying the plant foods of the earth feels much better than feeding my body some other type of processed foods.
This recipe is hearty and will not disappoint! Of course using my Caribbean roots I had to add some east Indian spices to give it an extra kick and punch. And I’m so glad I did.
This recipe was actually inspired by when I first started making sautéed potatoes for breakfast with a special kick for them 6 years ago. And when my boyfriend and I first started dating he absolutely loved them! Sautéed potatoes for breakfast is definitely fulfilling and gives you enough energy to power your morning.
So having this vegan potato avocado salad for lunch is just as tasty and delicious.
The curry powder and cumin powder give this vegan potato salad a special taste, and the cucumber makes it feel light and refreshing. Normally potatoes can feel heavy and make you feel sleepy, but that’s normally because of all the heavy additives and processed things we add to it like dairy: sour cream, cheese, and butter. But this recipe makes it not only palatable, but also filling without feeling like you’re going to keel over.
Tools You’ll Need
1. Cookware Set (Copper, Aluminum & Steel with Ceramic Chef Set) | 2. Mixing Bowls (3-Piece, Pyrex, Glass Mixing Bowls) | 3. Kitchen Utensil Set (Silicone Cooking Utensils 11Piece) | 4. Cutting Board (24″x 18″, Michigan Maple Block, Maple) | 5. Measuring Spoons (Set of 6, 1Easylife, Stainless Steel) | 6. Knife Set (6 Pieces, Utopia, Stainless Steel)
Endigo Rae is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites — at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Vegan Potato Avocado Salad
- 1 large red potato
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 plantain
- himalayan sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp organic curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Dice the potato and cucumber in 1/2 inch cubes
- Use a non-stick pan and sauté the potato cubes in 3 tbsp on olive oil over medium to low heat. Add the curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper as it is cooking.
- Cover the potatoes with a lid as it cooks to allow the steam to cook the potatoes and turn the burner to low. Continue to monitor and toss the potatoes as they cook so they don't burn.
- Dice the avocado.
- Mix the potatoes, cucumber, and avocado together. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!